Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Count down, T- Minus 1 week and counting

This is the last week before our test session. It has been a long haul for sure!

Since this journey began......

1. Traci and I have had our home flood twice.

2. I have hurt myself pretty bad on motorcycles twice (both requiring surgery to put me back together again.

3. Dad broke his femur and we thought we would lose him. He recovered but it has been an ordeal.

4. I built a drag boat that I never actually got to drive.

5. I started building "The Black Hole" as a Top Sportsman car (much less violent car).

6. I did my usual obsessive/compulsive behavior and decided to redo everything as a Pro Modified car.

This process started in 2015 and is finally coming to fruition next Tuesday and Wednesday. Most people less hard headed than myself would have given up long ago.

Because I am so hard headed and I have the most supportive/patient wife on earth, the dream is almost here. This project has taken more hours than you can imagine. We have worked almost every night and weekend for the last two years without taking much of a break. Instead of going on vacations and dates with Traci, we have worked through cold weather, hot weather, Texas size mosquitos, horse flys that feel like they have a miniature chainsaw mounted to their mouth, itchy carbon fibers sticking in your skin, busted knuckles, and Houston heat!

I don't expect anyone to understand why we would do something like this but I can tell you that it is one of the most rewarding projects I have ever done! Even if we don't have good results next week, this project is a major accomplishment! Not many people get to drive a car at this level and even fewer of them actually put one together themselves. I am sure that I made a lot of mistakes in the way that I built it, but hopefully, most of those can be worked around.

It looks like we will have around 50 to 75 people show up to see the dream come true. We have folks coming from as far away as Virginia to participate. Mike Janis Sr. and Jr. are coming from Lancaster, NY to help out. I feel so blessed to have this kind of support from you all!

I really appreciate that support!

I want to take the time while I am thinking about it to apologize in advance for any unforeseen events that could put a damper on this event. Although we have done everything in our power to make sure everything goes OK, everyone should know that anything can happen. I feel good about our chance of success , but I want everyone to be informed, ha! (kind of like a disclaimer on a TV commercial)

Here are the facts:

It is going to be hot and muggy. It could rain us out. There could be earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, zombie apocalypse, sink holes, and even a 50 cent part could break and keep us from being able to run the car. The driver of the car could even soil his fire suit at the first hit of the throttle, ha!

Now that the disclaimer is covered let me tell you what I think is going to happen! I think we have been blessed by God with the most capable mentors you could get. We have great people supporting and helping us. We have good equipment on the car. We have given 110% to making sure everything is right. We are going to get better with each run and we are going to exceed my expectations. We are going to accomplish more in one weekend than most can in one year. It is going to be a phenomenal 2 days of testing thanks to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

No matter what happens, we will all be together and you will get to meet some nice folks (even my UPS man and one of my freight delivery guys will be there), see a beautiful race car, and hear some beautiful noise! That big Hemi makes the most beautiful noise I have ever heard.

I can't wait to show all of you what we have put our heart and soul into for more hours than you can imagine!

Please pray for us to have a good trip to the track, good weather, no mechanical issues, and no driver issues. Mike Janis Sr. and Jr. have their work cut out for them!!!!

See you there!


This time Mike Janis Sr. and Jr. will be hanging out in our pits! I can't wait! God is Awesome!


Click on the Blog Archive hierarchy on the right hand side to see my posts in order. The ones at the bottom are the newest posts.


Or

Back to Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment