Saturday, August 17, 2019

No Longer a Dream

These are some pictures and video of our 4th and final run down the track at our test session for my 1963 Corvette Pro Mod drag racing car.

Our test session was a complete success in my opinion! We managed to get 4 runs on the new car before the rains came and ended our testing session. We did not have a single mechanical failure, which in itself is a small miracle. Other than fixing a few minor issues, everything went off without a hitch!

We were so blessed to have Mike Janis Sr. and Mike Janis Jr. come all the way to Houston from Lancaster , NY to help us.

I have become friends with them over the last couple of years but after spending two days with them helping us, they are our family! We could not have been successful without them being here to help us.

We improved each run but we got our session ended early because of a big rain storm. The Janis's made the car run better each time down the track. I was able to stay in the throttle on the 4th run to somewhere between the 500 and 600 foot mark. It ran pretty good numbers for a rookie. Mike Jr. has the car tuned pretty soft to keep me from hurting myself! I still have a lot of learning to do but made significant progress. The car went straight and true each time it went down the track!

Now let me tell you how blessed I am. We probably had 75 friends, family, and acquaintances show up to watch us test. We all had a great time with everyone and I hope they did as well. A lot of people thought I was crazy to invite everyone to watch us run the car the first time out but I thought it was awesome to have everyone's support! My dad, all of my siblings, cousins, friends, employees, some racers, and even some customers showed up. I want to say thanks and I love you to all of the folks that showed up.

I am so happy with how the tests turned out. God has been with us every step of the way! I give all the glory to God for taking care of myself and "The Black Hole" God is Awesome!!!


Hemi ready for between run service

Mike Janis Jr. priming the engine before I start it for the next run

My Sunshine with Mike, Mikey, and my brother Tom

Who is that guy?

Getting a hug from Mike after one of our runs. The Janis family is awesome!

Ready to warm up the car after service

My Sunshine getting me suited up

Climbing out of the car after a run with Traci and Mikey's help

Mike, Mikey, Traci, Tom, and Fred talking after a run

Traci and Racer's for Christ Chaplain, Fred

Mikey making final preps

Telling Mike, Mikey, and Traci about the run

Mike and Mikey servicing the engine

Father and son teamwork at its finest. I love these guys like family

Mikey and Traci are as happy as I am about the progress

Setting the idle speed for the next run

Adjusting idle mixture for next run

Getting ready for another run

Warming up the car

Suiting up

Getting in the car is like stuffing a marshmallow into a Coke bottle

All of us excited about a run



No comments:

Post a Comment