Thursday, June 13, 2019

Church From My Point of View

As Traci and I sat at a Houston restaurant at a business dinner with “customers” last night, I realized that these aren’t customers at all. This was a group of friends put together by our Lord and Savior. They just happen to be our customers too. This was a group of people that were put together through a series of events that was undeniably supernatural.

When I watched this group talking and laughing and thought about the connection it was like going to  a church revival for me. I have never been as loyal of a church attendee as some people and I may have to answer for that some day but instead I attend my own form of church every day. You see, church to me can come in the form of that meeting. Or it might be....

1. Walking into our little business as see my sister, my friend/former boss, a life long friend’s sons, my daughter and her husband, my daughter’s best friend, our wonderful business partner, his sister, and other friends, family, and acquaintances that work for us.



2. Getting an email telling me that one of our customers (who also happens to be a pastor) was selected as Father of the Year in his home city. Pretty awesome customer to say the least.

3. Shooting guns with some good friends who just happen to be Christians and customers.

4. Looking up in a tree in our front yard and see this mama raccoon hanging out of a hole in our tree with her babies playing all around her. (She looks exhausted by the way)


5. Sitting at a drag race at dusk watching a Top Fuel dragster make a 3 second run at 320+ mph  and turning around to see this sky behind us.



6. Taking a chunk of raw aluminum and turning it into a beautiful shiny finished part in a lathe or mill



7. Watching a stack of parts turn into this beautiful piece of machinery.




8. Looking at a list of people and family that I know on Facebook, LinkedIn, and other places and realize what great people they are.

9. Seeing my cousin’s daughter Kayla’s positive outlook when most people would just give up.



10. Watching my grandkids develop their personalities, mechanical skills, artistic abilities, laughing, or just falling asleep on the couch.



11. Sitting down next to my sleeping wife and writing about race cars, friends, family, and God in this silly blog.

12. Getting a text from my sunshine when I am on a date in the garage with the other woman ("The Black Hole") saying "You OK? Love You".

12. Having a discussion about Jesus on our drive to work, our lake house, or to going pick up a hot rod part on the other side of the USA.

You see, to me, church doesn’t have to be held in a cute building with a steeple and a flock of people. I am not saying that church is not something we should attend. I am saying that you don’t have to be in a building to have church. I have church every day, several times a day as I see the miracles I am surrounded by.

I see them everywhere and pray for them every day. I pray for Kayla, I pray for Cameron’s wife (a friend of one of our employees), and I pray for the safe and successful testing of “The Black Hole”.

I can guarantee that when that big Hemi engine starts up for my first run down the drag strip, I will be in church!!!



1 comment:

  1. Very well said and I totally and completely agree! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete