Monday, August 21, 2017

Making More Progress

Traci and I just finished the third day of racing and we mades tons of progress. We are both getting more comfortable with the race routine and getting more smooth with our process every run. Traci keeps me organized and comfortable and makes sure I get the car serviced every round.

We now have a process to get suited up and getting me strapped in and everything ready to go.

Our first round today felt better than any of our first runs. We finally got the Compulink Crosstalk Tree figured out and we ran real close to our dial in. The car ran four runs in a row ranging from 4.95 to 4.93. We are getting the car way more consistent. I made ignition timing, shift rpm, jetting, and launch rpm changes that the car responded well too. I think the car will do better and better as I figure out what it wants.

I am reviewing the data that we gathered all weekend to see what other changes I may want to make to the car.

If the driver could get his reaction times consistent, we could win a round of racing. It will come in time. My next investment will be a practice tree so I can practice in the car while it is in the garage. I need to really work on my lights!

Overall, a great weekend! The car is a good car. We accomplished nearly all of our weekend goals (except for winning a round of racing) and met some really nice people.

I am posting two more videos of the first round of eliminations today. The car ran well and ran right on its dial in time. The driver was late!

I nearly caught the guy at the finish line. His car had more than a 2 second head start. Notice the difference in speed when I go around him just after the finish line. It is amazing how much speed difference there is!!!!

Here are the videos:






Click on the Blog Archive hierarchy on the right hand side to see my posts in order. The ones at the bottom are the newest posts.

Or


Back to Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment