Thursday, October 10, 2019

Second Test Session Complete

Folks, we just got back home from our second test session and again, God has blessed us beyond belief!
Although we still have so much to learn it is overwhelming, we learned so much.

We ran our first sub 1 second 60 foot time at .983. That part of the run was great but the tire shake that followed kind of stank it up, ha!

We steadily improved our incremental times until we set a new personal best for tire shake in the last run. It was super violent and was not fun at all. The car made a hard right turn and luckily I reacted and saved the car from tapping the wall. Have I told you that I have a lot to learn!!!!

Another major accomplishment is that we now have 9 runs on the car and nothing has fallen off of it, no mechanical failures, or anything major for that matter. For a totally green team, I think that is such a miracle.

Our crew finished off the testing session with a 1 hour turnaround doing a complete maintenance routine. Our improvement from our first turnaround to the last was significant. I would like to thank them all for their help. The crew is:
Tom Harvey-Right side engine maintenance
Bruce King-Left side engine maintenance
Scott McLaurin-Car transport and pickup, assisting me
Patrick Lauden-Staging control, tires, transmission, and workflow
Mike Janis Jr.-Virtual crew chief, Mikey was texting me tuning info, looking at run data, etc and making calls on the car to teach me. There just isn't a more classy group than the Janis family!

Austin Hayward and Dusty Fincher were so helpful as well. They are always there to do anything they can. I am so glad I can call Houston Raceway Park my home track. We are treated so well there and Austin does everything possible to make our tests go as well as possible.

Last but certainly not least is my Sunshine! She packs the parachutes (which work flawlessly), safety equipment, communication, and getting me strapped in the car. It is so comforting knowing that the parachutes were done with tender loving care.

We made some good changes, bad changes, and just downright stupid changes but that is how you learn. We knew this wasn't going to be easy. My driving is improving with each run. We will achieve our goals in due time. Nothing worthwhile is easy!


Nothing is impossible with God!






Click on the Blog Archive hierarchy on the right hand side to see my posts in order. The ones at the bottom are the newest posts.


Or



Back to Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment