Monday, May 13, 2019

Moby is Riding on Air

Our new (used) trailer (Moby) was in bad need of having the suspension rebuilt. It had old fashioned leaf spring type suspension and every component of it was well worn. When I got started on it , I realized that a nice trailer like Moby carrying a precious cargo (the Black Hole) and 9the Blue Banana).

One thing led to another and I ended up buying air ride kits and new heavier duty axles. The original suspension mounting design was less than adequate in my opinion so I set out to design an entire air ride and mounting structure.

I have been fabricating for the last few days and as a Mother’s Day gift, my sunshine got to help me drag this massive suspension unit under the trailer, lift it up, mount it, and hook up the air/brake system. We put air into it for the first time at about 7:30 this evening. It works awesome!

Thanks to my Sunshine for giving up her day to crawl around our trailer all day and help me finish yet another big project.

Thank you God for giving me the ability to do stuff like this myself. We would not be able to pursue this dream if we had to pay others to do this stuff.

I wish all the moms out there a Happy Mother’s day. You are awesome!









I am also including some pictures of the new black anodized valve covers on the Black Hole. Also a couple of pictures of the Black hole with the front end on it for the first time since the final assembly has been done. All that is left now is to put the carbon fiber inner structure in to keep smoke out of the car.



 



Click on the Blog Archive hierarchy on the right hand side to see my posts in order. The ones at the bottom are the newest posts.


Or

Back to Home Page


1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Would love to see her at the green light.
    I guess for some people dreams to come true.
    Congrats,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete