Sunday, February 3, 2019

Not Going to Make It

Well it doesn't look like I am going to get to run the Black Hole in February like I had hoped. I had set the goal of February 20th or 21st because that weekend is my birthday and I thought that would be an awesome birthday!

I still have a long way to go and after talking with my friend Mike Janis, we feel like it would be smart to postpone until winter is over and the tracks have some rubber on them after winter. Mike believes that since I am trying to do everything right, I should take my time and make sure everything is as close to perfect as it can be.

As some of you know, Mike's dad is the current ProMod World Champion and Mike is the Crew Chief, so I am definitely going to listen to him.

I don't know when the debut will be and I am going to depend on Mike to guide me through that process.

I still have not received my carbon fiber brakes that I ordered in November so who knows when they will get here.

I have shifted my focus this weekend to getting the new (used) trailer ready to go race. Our first race for the dragster is February 23 so I need to have the trailer ready for that. I have moved a bunch of stuff around in the trailer to fit our operation better. I have ordered 5 more custom cabinets so I have places for all of the tools and spares that we need for the ProMod. I also fixed some electrical gremlins on the trailer. I upgraded the electrical system to be a full 50 amp system rather than the 30 amp system that was on it. The generator transfer switch was also not working and the shop lights would only work when the generator is running. Everything is working like it is supposed to now.

As I have been cleaning and fixing the trailer, I like it more and more. It is such a well built trailer and it is perfect for us. I have ordered all of the stuff to make a new awning and to wrap the trailer in white vinyl. It will look awesome once that is done.

Racing season is almost here! Traci and I are getting excited!

I will leave you with three pictures of the car with the engine back in it. All of that billet looks good with the purple frame!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment