Friday, February 22, 2019

Awning is Complete

The awning is now complete!!! It took us two complete weekends and a few weeknights to turn 80 yards of fabric into a new shelter for us to work under. All of the buckles and fasteners are in place and we test fit it tonight. It really turned out nice!

We are still waiting for the new cabinets to come in so we can get everything organized. I also have to do a bunch of maintenance work on Moby and Clifford's running gear and drive train. I have the stuff ordered to do brake jobs, new driveshaft u-joints, New king pins, tie rod ends, change oil and filters, and anything else that needs to be done to get them both ready to travel down the road.

Until all of the parts come in I will shift my focus back to the "Black Hole"

This was the week that I was supposed to test the "Black Hole" for the first time. Mike Janis was right. February is probably not a good time to test a car as powerful as the "Black Hole". It is cold and rainy here is Houston this week. I would have killed myself trying to get everything done only to get rained out anyway. Thanks Mike for slowing me down and talking some sense into me! I will test when everything is done, checked, and double checked.

I have to remember that all things happen in God's time not mine! Patience is a virtue and preparation  is everything when you  have dangerous hobbies. I will keep plugging away and I will be done when I am done.

Here are some pictures of the finished awning. Another major step complete:







Click on the Blog Archive hierarchy on the right hand side to see my posts in order. The ones at the bottom are the newest posts.


Or



Back to Home Page



No comments:

Post a Comment