Sunday, August 12, 2018

Last Race this Year

This weekend is the last race of the year. I am going to try and get a little more out of the car this weekend so I am making a couple of changes.

I noticed that the car ran better when the transmission was a little hotter before the run. This increased the launch rpm by about 200-300 which in turn caused the car to launch harder and my 60 foot time was significantly better than the other runs.

In order to try to get the car to launch harder, I changed the transmission fluid to a very thin synthetic oil that claims to let the torque converter slip a little more while it is on the transbrake. We will see!!

I am also going to add a couple of more degrees of timing advance to get a little more horsepower.

I hope to get the car into the low 4.90s and maybe 4.80s.

Any of you that are interested are welcome to come out and watch the races in Baytown. We will be there Friday night for the testing session and Saturday-Sunday for the actual races.

We hope to see you there.

Click on the Blog Archive hierarchy on the right hand side to see my posts in order. The ones at the bottom are the newest posts.


Or


Back to Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment