Sunday, August 5, 2018

Great weekend

Folks,

Traci and I had a great weekend at the races. It was the most encouraging so far. We only made it to the second round but we are making progress very rapidly!

Going to the second round may not sound like a big deal but bracket racing is a very competitive and strategic sport.

The way we made it to the second round is what’s exiting! We ran a total of 6 runs this weekend and never had a bad reaction time. Here are the reaction times for the whole weekend:

.008
.016
.017
.018
.003
.013

These are great numbers for a new racer!

We have a continuous string of 9 runs without a reaction time over .019!

Now we have to get the car more consistent. We are working on that now. We have been making small changes and looking at the data that we record to figure out what the car wants. We are making good progress!

We ran under our dial in ET on a couple of runs which contributed to my second round loss on day 2. I was nervous about breaking out (being disqualified for running faster than your dial in ET) so I chopped the throttle just before the finish line. I had the guy beat and I gave it away. The data that i downloaded showed that I would not have run under my dial in. That part of the weekend was a bummer.

I believe next year will be our year to get some racer’s attention. They already know we are not a “give me” win for them. We have put a couple of serious players on the trailer in the last two races.

Thanks for all of your prayers and support. I really am blessed to get the support of my family and friends. I also get a lot of support from one of the best racing families out there (Mike Janis Jr. and his dad, Mike Janis Sr.). We are going to really put Traci and I to the test next year when we debut the “Black Hole”. Mike is instrumental in the Black Hole coming to life next year. I would not be where I am without all of you and God!

 See the time slips below. #457 is me.

Race 1, Qualifying Run #1

Race 1, Qualifying Run #2

Race 1, Elimination Round #1

Race 2, Qualifying Run #1

Race 2, Eliminations Round  #1, It is a win!


Race 2, Elimination Round #2, I should have won this one!


Click on the Blog Archive hierarchy on the right hand side to see my posts in order. The ones at the bottom are the newest posts.


Or


Back to Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment