Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Welding Weekend

I spent this weekend welding up all of the engine mid plate framework, installing the fire suppression linkage/handle, and the parachute linkage/handle.

The original setup was very uncomfortable for to me reach while I was in the fire suit and gloves.

The new setup uses nice large levers made by Tim McCamis. The fire bottles are accessed by just reaching up with my right hand and sliding up the roll bar. You cannot miss the handle to activate the fire system! You definitely want to be able to find the fire bottle handle!

The parachutes are just above my head on the roof. I just reach up and find the v shape in the roll bar and sweep my hand to the left to activate the chutes. You don't want to miss this one either!

My TIG welding is getting much better! with more practice I will get better and better, hopefully!!!

Here are some pictures:

Engine Midplate Frame Loop welded in place

TIG welds are getting better!!!


New Engine Midplate rough machined


It all fits now

Fire Bottle Release Handle




Handle is easy to find and activate!



Parachute Release Handle



It is also easy to reach



Click on the Blog Archive hierarchy on the right hand side to see my posts in order. The ones at the bottom are the newest posts.

Or

Back to Home Page


1 comment:

  1. Looks nice and safe...you know...for a ridiculously fast car. Welds are looking good! LU

    ReplyDelete