Monday, April 23, 2018

Weekend at the Spring Nationals

Traci and I spent the weekend at the Spring Nationals in Baytown, Texas watching the pros show everyone how to drag race.

I also got to pick up my blower and injector hat from Mike Janis. Mike is a long time racer who also manufactures, builds, repairs, and modifies blowers, engines and, other race parts. Mike built the Hemi engine that I bought back in February. I left my blower and injector hat with him to do his magic on.

We met Mike and his son Mike Jr. at the track and spent some time with them on Saturday night. They were so nice, great hosts, and very helpful. It is not often that you meet people that you can trust right away. Mike and Mike Jr. are two of those kind of people. I don't usually let anyone touch my stuff but these guys are the best. I have never seen racers of their caliber that are so willing to help a newbie like me. Most people just treat you like you are stupid and take advantage of you.

I know why they are some of the most respected people in the ProMod racing community. I feel a lot more comfortable knowing that I have their support as I fulfill my racing dream!

We were hoping Mike would win the ProMod race but they went out in the second round. The weather was cold and a little weird for our area so a lot of people struggled.

The picture below was taken Friday evening during qualifying. I know it surprises some people that I would turn away from watching fast cars to look at the sky but this was absolutely breathtaking!

God is so amazing with he beautiful things he created for us to enjoy. A sky that looks like it is on fire and engines that shoot flame out of the exhaust 20 feet in the air. It was like heaven on earth!


Here are some pictures of the new modified supercharger and injector hat for my car. Mike has some neat tricks that he does on superchargers to make them help the engine produce significantly more horsepower.





Click on the Blog Archive hierarchy on the right hand side to see my posts in order. The ones at the bottom are the newest posts.

Or

Back to Home Page




No comments:

Post a Comment