Sunday, March 25, 2018

New front tank mounts

Well this was an interesting couple of weeks! Nine days ago, I decided to start one of my dirts bikes up for the first time after winter and putt around on the track I built for the grandkids. I was going through the set of whoops  and my hand slipped off of the handlebar causing me to bust my behind. Lucky for me, I fell just right and landed on my shoulder, busting my collarbone, unbelievable!

My orthapedic surgeon could not get me in for surgery until last Wednesday so I lived with a floppy and painful shoulder for 6 days. He did the surgery on Wednesday and did such a good job that I felt like working on the “Black Hole” today.

One of the things I had to do to prepare the car for the new Hemi was to put a larger fuel tank on it and add a dry sump oil tank to the front of the car.

I cut the old framework off of the front of the car and built this new mount to hold both the fuel tank and the dry sump tank. The tanks are made the same shape and fit side by side. They will be covered with a carbon fiber cover that make the look like one tank.

Here is the result of the crash (yes that is a gigantic bruise) and what I got done so far on the tank mounts.












Click on the Blog Archive hierarchy on the right hand side to see my posts in order. The ones at the bottom are the newest posts.

Or




Back to Home Page



No comments:

Post a Comment