Saturday, April 6, 2019

The ProMod Dream's Most Exciting Day Yet

Today had to be the most exciting day since I started this blog 3 years ago! I was so full of emotion that I had to take several time outs to just thank God for giving me this opportunity. Most of you may not understand my passion for all things mechanical but God certainly does!

Throughout this journey, it is so obvious how He has been guiding us towards the dream. Today was a giant milestone for us. I give Jesus all of the glory for days like today!

Today was the first day that the Hemi engine ran with the fuel system functioning fully. Other than a small methanol leak and a small issue with he fuel shutoff valve, the day was flawless!

I started the engine yesterday for a few seconds on gasoline by just priming the engine with a squirt bottle to make sure the ignition was working correctly. The engine sounds like a powderpuff on gasoline compared to the methanol.

Last night, I spent several hours making sure all of the fuel mixture components were set up correctly to run on methanol. Today, we started it with the methanol fuel system fully functional and it was amazing! I have never been so close to an engine this powerful! I am not even able to describe the emotions I had today. I don't know if the tears were caused by the methanol fumes or actual tears of joy, ha!

Yesterday some of my Axis family was here (Patrick and Joseph) to hear the short bursts of power. Today one of my longest friends (Scott) was here to share the experience. Of course, Traci, Dad, and Sissie (my sister) were here to witness as well.

Thank you Jesus for giving me the skills to build this machine and for putting me together with our family, Axis family, the Janis family, Scott at Tim Mcamis, and all of my good friends. Without them, my dream would not be possible.

I also want to thank my Sunshine for supporting me all along the way. I love you Sunshine!

Here is a video of the first test of the converter drive. At about marker 1:40 you will notice that I hit the throttle a couple of times while the car is in gear and the transbrake is engaged. You can tell the difference in how the engine sounds when it is loaded against the torque converter. The engine is truly AMAZING!





Click on the Blog Archive hierarchy on the right hand side to see my posts in order. The ones at the bottom are the newest posts.


Or





Back to Home Page



No comments:

Post a Comment