Tuesday, October 2, 2018

From one extreme to another

I am doing this update because Traci and I have experienced yet another interesting weekend.

We have owned our lake house in North Texas since 1994 and it has not flooded since we bought it until two weekends ago. This is our 3rd major flood in two years! Yes that is right, The two houses that we own in Magnolia flooded two times each and now the Bonham house flooded.

I lived the first 55 years of my life and never had anything destroyed due to flood water. Statistically, we should have had all of the floods we should have for the rest of our life!

The house in Bonham wasn't as bad as the Magnolia houses but the two garages in Bonham got a LOT of water in them. Luckily, we were up there when it happened to do yard work and to have some relaxing time. We never made it to the relaxing part, ha! It was nothing but work cleaning up after the flood. Thank God it did not destroy the house like the two Magnolia floods.

This coming weekend we are going to offset that bad experience, we hope! We are going to see our friends (the Janis's) race their ProMod in an NHRA national event in Dallas. For those of you that don't know the Janis's, they are the current points leaders for the NHRA ProMod National Championship. They are also the guys who are helping me get my car put together. They are a good family and have worked hard for this championship. They deserve to win it. Traci and I have been praying for them to win this championship and I am sure they would appreciate everyone's prayers!

I cannot think of a more deserving champion. I know how hard they have worked for it!

Traci and I are taking our motorhome and will be camping right on the track. It should be a lot of fun seeing the Janis's and being able to just hang out in our motorhome while watching world class drag racing.

Please pray for Mike Janis to be safe and do well in the race to stretch out their points lead for the championship! Mike, God is in control!

Also, please pray for my cousin Deana and her family. Her daughter has recently been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing treatments as we speak. Please pray for her healing and strength during the treatments. Again, God is in control!!!!!

Here is a picture of Mike Janis racing.





Click on the Blog Archive hierarchy on the right hand side to see my posts in order. The ones at the bottom are the newest posts.


Or

Back to Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment