Sunday, September 9, 2018

More Fabrication

I am back to working on the "Black Hole" after getting the fuel injection system installed on the "Blue Banana" The fuel injection system works fantastic! I cannot wait to run it at the track. I think it is going to make a big difference.

I am trying to get all the fabrication finished on the "Black Hole" so I can paint the chassis again and get the chassis certified by the NHRA.

This weekend I fabricated the drive shaft safety retaining tube and loops. These are designed to prevent a driveshaft that fails from flying around inside the cockpit with the driver. A 3.5 inch diameter carbon fiber driveshaft spinning at 9000 rpm could do some serious damage if it was Flying around inside the drivers cockpit!!

I also mounted the air shifters in the car so they are easy to access when I an manual shifting the car.

Here are some pictures of the cockpit:














Click on the Blog Archive hierarchy on the right hand side to see my posts in order. The ones at the bottom are the newest posts.


Or




Back to Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment