Monday, April 17, 2017

Checking over the new car

I spend the day today going over the new car and getting it in good shape.

I ran it for a little while and made sure all of the systems functioned correctly (oil system, cooling system, dial in board, transbrake, delay box, brakes, etc. Everything functioned well and the car seemed to run good.

After that I decided to start looking at internals and do preventative maintenance. I set the valve clearance, changed the oil, retorqued bolts, etc.

About the only thing I found that I didn't like was some unused wiring in the wiring harness from th told gauge display. The previous owner was in the process of putting in a new Racepak IQ3 display and data acquisition panel in the car. Some of the sensors had been hooked up but the old wiring was left in the wiring harness. I hate stuff like that so I took the body panels off and started cutting zip ties, hundreds of them! I have all of the unused wired pulled out of the car and I am starting to route new wires and hook up sensors. It will look nice when I am done! Most of the wires have crimp on connections with no shrink wrap on them. That kind of connection is bound to fail so I am replacing everything with 3M shrink wrap terminal ends with shrink wrap one the top of them to prevent vibration failure.

The valve train looked fantastic and was all high quality components. I am very pleased! I also pulled all of the decals off of the car to get it ready to make it mine!
T&D rockers and 904 bronze bushed lifter bores. All good stuff. Valve lash is set and I tested spring pressures on all of the cylinders. I stated a spreadsheet with all of the spring pressures so I can watch for valve spring failures.

The car looks good without the decals all over it


Click on the Blog Archive hierarchy on the right hand side to see my posts in order. The ones at the bottom are the newest posts.

Or

Back to Home Page


No comments:

Post a Comment